September 14, 2014

Places

Keeping on with my lists … places

Today, I'll list my favorite places to visit.

I grew up, basically, in Elk Rapids, Michigan. Every summer we spend a lot of time there during Harbor Days. When we had our camper/trailer, I could get in a great nap. Not sure why, but every year I would take at least one good nap!



I've loved going to Detroit since I was a young boy. I don't have any idea why Detroit has always been so important to me. I used to get so excited driving into the city — and it was many years before I actually explored Detroit. I used to be one who drove in, took in a game or concert, and drove home. Now, I love to stay downtown and explore.



I'm not sure the first year we went to Las Vegas, but it was in the early 2000s. What a cool place to visit. The first time you fly in at night and see "the Strip," is something you'll never forget. Las Vegas is amazing and a wonderful place to people watch. There is so much to do and see that you can never run out of things to do.


I've been to Washington, D.C., a few times, but now that my sister Amy and nephew Morgan live there that gives us more reason to go visit. We haven't been out there enough and need to somehow get back out there soon.


Silver Lake located in Hart, Michigan, is one of the coolest places to visit. We enjoy vacationing there and hanging out on a regular basis. There is so much to do there. We have rented jeeps and climbed the dunes, ridden with people in there trucks, and just had a great time there.


Lakeland, Florida, is someplace I always wanted to visit in February. I finally did several years ago and absolutely love going there. It's so cool because you never know what's going to happen, or where. You might run into Justin Verlander and Kenny Rogers when you're out eating.


I lived many years in Clarkston, Michigan, and went back for years to visit my Uncle John & Aunt Connie (and the cousins) and my Grandma & Grandpa. But, now, Clarkston is an iconic little town featuring two of the best places to eat in the state of Michigan. I've been going there for years — and now, even Kid Rock lives there!





No comments: